Customer Research & Content Strategy
Blogging is a key component when marketing your company and finding customers or clients online. But, blogging without a strategy is like getting dressed in the dark. Without vision and planning, you’re just throwing things on and hoping something will work. Finding and converting customers online shouldn’t be a game of chance, though. By conducting extensive customer research and developing a thoughtful, robust content strategy with Content Cakewalk, you can develop a clear roadmap to take your organization from where you are now to where you want to be.
Why Conduct Customer Research?
Completing audience research provides a clear understanding of your current and potential customers so we can take a more strategic approach to content creation and marketing. Are you doing enough to retain current customers? Can you do more to reach a new group of customers? Are your blog readers looking for information, instruction, product reviews? We conduct extensive customer research on everything from who is buying your product or service (demographics) and what they like (psychographics/persona) to how they search for and interact with content online. What marketing strategies have you already tried? Who are your main competitors? We then take a deep dive into trending topics and industry changes that may impact buyer behavior, website performance, customer engagement, and online conversions. We then meet with you to share our findings and clarify your clients or customers so we can develop a robust content plan tailored to your organization and audience.
We want to understand you, your customer, and how the product or service you provide meets your customer’s needs. Audience research with Content Cakewalk includes:
- Demographics (age, gender, income, education level)
- Psychographics/Customer Persona (attitudes, values, interests, lifestyle)
- Knowledge/Experience Level (how familiar are your customers with your product/service)
- Buyer Stage (how close they are to signing up or making a purchase)
In addition to customer information, we analyze your main competitors and identify reliable industry resources. The more information we have, the more strategic we can be in growing your online presence and customer base. But, customer research is just the first piece of a larger content plan.
What is a Content Strategy?
Effective marketing is about making it easy for customers to find and engage with your business online. No matter how great your product or service may be, customers can’t buy what they can’t find. The average person spent nearly 11 hours consuming media per day, according to Nielson’s Q1 2016 Total Audience Report. Standing out in the crowded online marketplace requires a strategic approach that can reach customers where they are and across multiple channels (email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
Content strategy with Content Cakewalk includes audience research, keyword mapping, and strategic blog development and promotion schedules. And, if you sign up for our 4-Tier content package, you’ll receive an additional piece of premium content every quarter that can become a valuable marketing asset and deliver customers over time.
A content plan with Content Cakewalk includes a robust, multifaceted approach to online marketing, including:
- Audience research
- Keyword map and trending content research (updated quarterly)
- Regular blog posts (2 or 4 per month, depending on your plan)
- Social media promotion
- Email newsletter automation
- Content upgrades
- Premium content, such as ebooks and whitepapers (included in our 4-Tier plan)
When you work with the experts at Content Cakewalk to develop a strategic, tailored content plan, you can grow your online presence, reach new customers, and establish yourself as a name to know in your industry.
The Content Cakewalk Process: Sweet & Simple
Our detailed, collaborative process and our team of specialized writers, editors, and content strategists make audience research and content creation a piece of cake! Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it, too?
Here’s how audience research and content strategy work with Content Cakewalk:
- You complete a Client Information Form when you sign up. We use this form to develop a snapshot of your customers/clients to guide our Audience Research meeting.
- You meet with your Content Strategist to discuss audience research, including customer/client demographics, psychographics (personas), local and national competitors, and reputable sources of industry information.
- We develop a keyword map, laying out the terms your current and potential customers are searching for and how we can use those terms to strategically market your blog, improve SEO, and increase reach and engagement.
- We develop a content plan based on your unique audience, goals, and needs. Content plans can include blog posts, content upgrades, social media sharing, and/or email outreach programs.
- Meet with your Content Strategist to discuss the proposed content plan and make any desired revisions.
- Watch your website, customer leads, and content assets grow.
“How much does this cost?”
Audience research and content strategy is included in our 2-Tier ($997) and our 4-Tier ($1,997) marketing plans.
“How long will this take?”
Completing audience research and a collaborative content plan typically takes between 1-2 weeks. Our goal is to help you move through this initial stage quickly but thoroughly so we can begin creating content and engaging your customers as soon as possible.
“How do I get started?”
If you are ready to add quality content to your website in a strategic way that turns potential customers into real and loyal customers, select your plan below.
If you have questions about content strategy for your website or any of our writing services, contact us today.
(Refund Policy: Once the services have been performed, no refunds will be provided.)